Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Final Course Reflection #4

Please compare the experience of doing research and authoring a textbook for a class (like this one) versus the traditional way of reading and studying and assigned textbook for a class

Since I love to research, I really enjoyed reading and learning about constructivism on my own. While doing research I was able to "veer off the path" and investigate related ideas or topics so I really did construct my own knowledge. I wouldn't have been able to do that by reading and studying an assigned textbook. I was also very aware of organization, deadlines and the quality of my writing since my peers and any Internet user could read my work. On the other hand though by reading the other class members' chapters and taking the quizzes I felt like I was still reading an "assigned textbook".

No comments:

Post a Comment