Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Final Course Reflection #6

Please comment about building quizzes and answer keys, and on grading your peers.

I really feel that the quizzes were a traditional rather than a constructivist based assessment. I would have preferred doing other activities rather than taking quizzes. My first role was as editor but since we didn't have a quiz builder I didn't have quizzes to grade. So I really didn't experience grading my peers except on the 4 objective questions for chapter 8. When I was the quiz builder on a previous chapter we didn't have an author but I was very pleased with the alternative way we devised for the class members to take the quiz. At that point though there was confusion grading quizzes because the scoring guide wasn't posted for everyone to know how the answers were being graded. Once the scoring guide/rubric was posted with the quiz questions I think it was easier for everyone to know what the expectations were. Also, I think it was hard for the editor to grade quizzes from a rubric/scoring guide he/she didn't create.

No comments:

Post a Comment